Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Spiritual Birthday!

Two years ago today, my life was forever changed. It finally "clicked" that Jesus was the answer, the answer in my life's most trying time. After months of heartache and mental unrest in trying finding out why I got to where I was, it occurred to me that God was the critical missing piece."God wasn't in it" was the thought in my head. I can't even begin to describe the comforting sensation of the Holy Spirit at that moment, sitting on my bedroom floor reading the book "Love That Lasts." My mind finally found peace. My heart finally found joy. I knew with all my being that I had found my answer. Unlike all the other possibilities I came up with, that kept my mind racing, I didn't have to search anymore.
In the ensuing months God ignited a deep fire inside me to read. Up until this point reading had been a chore, many years of college textbooks burnt me out. All that changed, the thirst for Christ's knowledge was so strong, especially in the area of relationships. I began reading numerous Christian books and of course ultimate book of life, The Bible.
Couldn't wait to go to church and that Sunday the 17th, I went by my self, for myself. Got into community right away and my dark lonely world was brightening up and I started making friends in my community group. I remember watching sermons series on my computer at night, laughing, crying and going to bed with this giant smile on my face, praising Him for how awesome He is!
Fast forward to now and I'm saying "I love you"  to those same women, my Christian sisters. I have more friends than I have ever had in my life. They are true friends that love me enough to call me on my crap, in order that I see past my own blindness and they are there for all my tears in the valleys of life.  He truly can make all things new, give you a new heart with desires and thoughts you have never considered before. Turn a prideful, selfish, immature, disrespectful girl into a woman of faith, seeking His ways and His will for her life. God has blessed me with so much, friends and family in Christ, an international culinary journey serving His children, health and the means that I'm able to do these things. Oh, I can't forget a little thing called eternal life :) Man, HE IS GOOD!   

Praise God that He is King of kings, Lords of lords and is on the thrown reigning! Praise Him for His grace and mercy, that He is in total and complete control! That I can walk away from sin and never be the person I once was!

My heart is getting all fired up, I need to turn on some music and worship Him!

God Bless,

1 comment:

  1. Happy B-day! God is good!-it's so awesome that He pursues us even when we are far from Him! Phil 1:6--"And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ"!

    ReplyDelete